Monday, March 19, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Or not. You know, whatever your preference is. As a part-time teacher, it is my LEAST favorite time of the year, as I wait to hear whether or not my district will give me full-time (if you are reading this Linda or Ted - pretty please???). Thus it is also the time of recruiting students.

For those of you "core" people - you don't have to worry about this. But us French people have to fight Spanish (not literally, although sometimes...) for every student we get. So I had my students make up posters for why you should take French. I did not tell them what to write on them, only to make them appropriate.

Over half of them talk about taking French because you get to use iPods.

Unsolicited from the mouths of the students themselves. This stuff works, people. You should have seen me trying not to leap for joy at their posters. Best of all? I was at the conference when they made them. Not only was it unsolicited, but I wasn't even THERE. Boom, baby. How cool is that? As my students would say, technology rox my sox.

Technorati Tags:
Beyond Podcasting, Random

No comments: