My findings? I do use more than the average teacher, but I don't do nearly as much as I would like. I think for next year, I am going to try to do even more. How you ask? Just by a little creative thinking.
Here are some of my ideas for next year:
- I am teaching a tools class - a fundamental skill-building class. I plan on using online time management applications to help them track their projects and such.
- I also plan to show them how to keep an online portfolio, as well as online storage tools, so that "I saved it at home" is never an excuse.
- For my French students - we do weekly dialogues, or speaking tests. Instead of having them perform them live, what if they had five minutes in class in which to record it? No notes - just them and a computer? I think that could be powerful - and easier for me to grade, too!
- For my psych students - I did a wiki with them, but I think a weekly blog entry might be great for them to really think through what we are doing in class - not to mention make sure they are paying attention.
- Again for psych - what if we did a cell phone poll in class? Totally anonymous, and totally fun!
I'm sure there are more, but that's what I've thought of so far. What about you? Do you have any great plans for next year?