Friday, June 1, 2007

Gizmoz - one of THE coolest things in a long time...

Thanks to Jane Nicholls for the heads-up on this cool new application.

First, watch this video clip:


Okay, now let's talk about this for a minute!
1.) Yes, that really is my son (sort of). It was cropped from a picture I took of him when he was around 16 months old.
2.) Take a picture of each of your students. Make sure they aren't smiling (it's easier to animate when they aren't). Each day, your warm-up exercise (vocab activity, homework assignment, etc) is announced by a new student.
3.) You can VOIP and Skype with this too, thus putting a face (sort of) with a name.

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think right now.

So, what do you think? Do you like it? What uses can you see for it? Let me know!

I'm off to make another Gizmo head...I mean, grade. Yes, that's right. Grade final papers. ;)

Technorati Tags:
Beyond Podcasting, Education, Education of the Future, Random

1 comment:

Kelly Kermode said...

LOVE THIS!!!
OMG!
I cannot wait to use this NEXT year... Lord knows, we are all busy right now!
How's the "L-L" club looking for Wednesdays this summer?!?!??!
Kel